Last Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- AAFP (American Academy of Family Physicians) Conditions A to Z
Spanish versions available for many conditions.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Spanish (AHRQ)
Includes guides (in HTML or PDF) with Tips for Talking with Your Doctor, Questions to Ask Before Getting Medical Tests, Being Prepared for Medical Appointments, A Guide for Leaving the Hospital, and more.
- Child & Adolescent Immunization Schedules (Spanish)
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota's Patient Handouts, some in Spanish
- ClinicalKey Patient Education
Includes brief overview of clinical topics plus links from professional and government agencies. Major topics available in English and Spanish.
- Food & Nutrition Information Center in Spanish
from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Food, Herb, Supplements News (Natural Medicines)
- Health Information Translations
Health Information Translations provides education resources in multiple languages for health care professionals and others to use in their communities. Resources are easy to read and culturally appropriate
HealthReach is a national collaborative partnership that has created a resource of quality multilingual, multicultural public health information for those working with or providing care to individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Lexi-Comp’s Adult & Pediatric Patient Advisory
Look for the Adult and Pediatric tabs at the top of each drug search. Go to switch languages drop down for additional languages.
- Library of Spanish Language Resources
AHRQ offers a growing library of publications in Spanish that compare treatments for heart and vascular system conditions, diabetes, cancer, bone and more.
- MedlinePlus in Spanish
- MedlinePlus Interactive Tutorials in Spanish
- Merck Medical, Home Edition in Spanish
- MicroMedex Care Notes
CareNotes provides patients with complete, easy-to-understand information about all aspects of their care, medications, and health, in up to 15 languages. Most Care Notes are available in both English and Spanish.
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA): Krames Online
Contains HealthSheets™ and videos in English and Spanish for patients and covers diseases and conditions, diagnoses and treatments, prescription and over-the-counter medications, dietary supplements, surgeries and procedures, and wellness and safety for people of all ages and walks of life.
- NNLM.gov's Consumer Health Materials in Spanish
- NNLM.gov's Get Connected Latino Health! brochure
brochure provided by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, in Adobe Reader (pdf) format.
- Nutrition Handouts in Spanish
from the American Dietetic Association. Handouts are in Adobe Reader (pdf) format.
- Ohio State University Medical Center's Patient Handouts in Spanish
265 PDF handouts in English, with Spanish translation on next pages
- Tox Town in Spanish
Mirror site in Spanish for the National Library of Medicine's site Tox Town that provides consumer information about environmental health and toxic chemicals.