Last Updated: Apr 27, 2014
- AAFP (American Academy of Family Physicians) Conditions A to Z
Spanish versions available for many conditions.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality website in Spanish
Includes guides (in HTML or PDF) with Tips for Talking with Your Doctor, Questions to Ask Before Getting Medical Tests, Being Prepared for Medical Appointments, A Guide for Leaving the Hospital, and more.
- Child & Adolescent Immunization Schedules (Spanish)
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota's Patient Handouts, some in Spanish
- Food & Nutrition Information Center in Spanish
from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Health Information Translations
Health Information Translations provides education resources in multiple languages for health care professionals and others to use in their communities. Resources are easy to read and culturally appropriate
- Lexi-Comp’s Adult & Pediatric Patient Advisory Leaflet System (PALS)
Look for the Adult PALS and Pediatric PALS button at the top of each drug entry.
- Library of Spanish Language Resources
AHRQ offers a growing library of publications in Spanish that compare treatments for heart and vascular system conditions, diabetes, cancer, bone and more.
- MD Consult Patient Handouts
MD Consult is going away, but we now have ClinicalKey
nearly 10,000 patient education handouts that can be printed and distributed to patients are available. Spanish versions are available for approximately 30% of topics.
- MedlinePlus in Spanish
- MedlinePlus Interactive Tutorials in Spanish
- Merck Medical, Home Edition in Spanish
- MicroMedex Care Notes
CareNotes provides patients with complete, easy-to-understand information about all aspects of their care, medications, and health, in up to 15 languages. Most Care Notes are available in both English and Spanish.
- Natural Standard Food, Herb, Supplements Handouts
- NNLM.gov's Consumer Health Materials in Spanish
- NNLM.gov's Get Connected Latino Health! brochure
brochure provided by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, in Adobe Reader (pdf) format.
- Nutrition Handouts in Spanish
from the American Dietetic Association. Handouts are in Adobe Reader (pdf) format.
- Ohio State University Medical Center's Patient Handouts in Spanish
265 PDF handouts in English, with Spanish translation on next pages
- Tox Town in Spanish
Mirror site in Spanish for the National Library of Medicine's site Tox Town that provides consumer information about environmental health and toxic chemicals.
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA): Krames Online
Contains HealthSheets™ and videos in English and Spanish for patients and covers diseases and conditions, diagnoses and treatments, prescription and over-the-counter medications, dietary supplements, surgeries and procedures, and wellness and safety for people of all ages and walks of life.