- Welcome to RefWorks!
- Importing References into RefworksToggle Dropdown
- Sharing and Collaborating
- Writing your Paper with In-Text CitationsToggle Dropdown
- Reference Full-text Access in Refworks
- Annotating Documents in Refworks
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks allows you to collect, manage and organize research papers and documents. You can read, annotate, organize, and cite your research as well as collaborate with friends and colleagues by sharing collections.
RefWorks’ drag and drop capability along with our smart document recognition makes it easy and fast to upload documents and bibliographic metadata into your library and the Save to RefWorks feature allows you to capture research from websites with the click of a button.
From simple bibliographies to papers formatted with in-text citations or footnotes, RefWorks handles it all. Best of all, you can keep your account as long as you have access to your PCOM email.
Answers to specific questions can found on the Proquest RefWorks Support Page. If you see the message "An error occurred with your institutional login," check the Creating an Account box.
Creating an Account
An institutional account is available to PCOM students, faculty and staff and includes 10GB of document storage, unlimited sharing inside and outside the institution, easy institution-wide sharing, phone and email tech support, training and more.
To create a RefWorks account:
- Go to http://refworks.proquest.com and click the gray “Create Account” link. Do not click "Use login from my institution."
- Fill in your information making sure to use your @pcom.edu email address (you can’t sign up with @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.). Using your PCOM email address will help us know whether you are entitled to an institutional account (with all the benefits mentioned above!).
Once you activate your account (you'll receive an email with a link to complete the registration process), you’ll get access immediately and can get started managing your documents. From then on, you can log in right from http://refworks.proquest.com without using your institutional login.
How to Guides
These are the how to guides to the main New Refworks features. You can also find them in the ProQuest Refworks Support Page: